- Create a CERS Account dedicated solely to EDT usage, and the UPA and its agents, vendors or contractors will carefully protect this account’s password.
Establish and always maintain at least one CERS user with EDT Administrator rights who will be the first point of contact to CalEPA’s CERS Technical Support.
Make thoughtful use of Tier 1 and 2 query parameters to ensure a single request does not return too much data and overburden CERS servers. CalEPA recommends only request a few hundred submittal elements at a time.
Avoid scheduling EDT transactions during peak weekday hours for the CERS websites
(8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or when practical.
Understand that EDT Services (and websites) are not available 24 hours per day 7 days per week as described at Services Availability.
CalEPA may occasionally (with advance notice) change the endpoint URLs used by a specific UPA to help with server load balancing issues.
Understands that agents, vendors or contractors assisting with EDT implementation have extensive access to all of the UPA’s facility submittal data. The UPA is fully responsible for the conduct and actions of such individuals.
Understands that while they may direct CalEPA technical staff to work directly with their agents, vendors or contractors on EDT implementation and problem resolution, the UPA is ultimately responsible for all aspects of their EDT activities.
- Using Tier 3-6 services will submit data to CERS in a timely manner, and no later than the timeframes specified in relevant statutes and regulations (e.g., CCR §15290(b) and Cal. Health & Safety Code §25509.2(a)(3)) or as specified in CalEPA guidance letters.
- Using Tier 3-5 services are responsible for correcting any data problems they may have been created by their EDT transactions. Such corrections could be performed using appropriate EDT services, or manually using the Regulator Portal.
Prior to using the Facility Create Service to create a new facility in CERS, UPAs must
- Perform manual or automated searches of the addresses of current CERS facilities to avoid creating a duplicate facility in CERS.
- Perform manual or automated searches of existing Business Organizations and assign the new facility to the existing Business Organization when appropriate by including an appropriate Organization Code in their facility create transaction.